How did the flight of the middle class to the suburbs affect urban areas?
Question 12a of 12 - Changes in Culture and Politics
- Maximum Attempts: 1
- Question Type: Multiple Choice
- Maximum Score: 1
- Question: How did the flight of the middle class to the suburbs affect urban areas?
- It increased the power of state capitals.
- It ruined the system of settlement houses.
- It increased unemployment.
- It opened the way for the rise of the city bosses.
The correct answer is: It opened the way for the rise of the city bosses. The middle class left the cities, and the only people left were very poor. The city bosses gained power by capitalizing on the poverty.
4 total views, 1 views today