Which describes the growth in major cities by the turn of the 20th (1a)
Quiz question 1a of 12 - Urbanization
- Maximum Attempts: 1
- Question Type: Multiple Choice
- Maximum Score: 1
- Question: Which describes the growth in major cities by the turn of the 20th century?
- Rapid growth eliminated most urban slums.
- Most physical growth was centrally planned.
- Middle-class families moved near the centers of cities.
- Mass-transit systems encouraged commuting.
The correct answer is: Mass-transit systems encouraged commuting. Commuting allowed many affluent people to move away from the city centers and into the suburbs.