Which describes the growth in major cities by the turn of the 20th (1c)
Quiz question 1c of 12 - Urbanization
- Maximum Attempts: 1
- Question Type: Multiple Choice
- Maximum Score: 1
- Question: Which describes the growth in major cities by the turn of the 20th century?
- Middle-class families moved to the densest parts of cities.
- The proportion of middle-class whites in cities increased.
- Property values dropped dramatically.
- Slums grew due to poor central planning.
The correct answer is: Slums grew due to poor central planning. Most cities grew rapidly and without coordinated planning. This led to slums.