Nativist labor leaders objected to immigrant workers for many r…
Question 5c of 12 - Immigration
- Maximum Attempts: 1
- Question Type: Multiple Choice
- Maximum Score: 1
- Question: Nativist labor leaders objected to immigrant workers for many reasons. Which of the following objections was most important?
- Most immigrants were not Protestant.
- Most immigrants couldn't speak English.
- Immigrants were not very good workers.
- Immigrants lowered wages for everyone.
The correct answer is: Immigrants lowered wages for everyone. Though unions tried to keep wages at a reasonable level, new immigrants who were desperate to work were often willing to accept lower pay.
2 total views, 1 views today