What was the intention of most of the immigrants who came to th…
Question 8b of 12 - Immigration
- Maximum Attempts: 1
- Question Type: Multiple Choice
- Maximum Score: 1
- Question: What was the intention of most of the immigrants who came to the United States at the end of the 19th century?
- To establish a political presence in the urban United States Sorry. This was not generally their intention.
- To make enough money in the United States to buy land back home
- To move their families to the country in the United States
- To escape religious persecution in their homeland
The correct answer is: To make enough money in the United States to buy land back home. Many of the immigrants who came to the United States at the turn of the 20th century were called "birds of passage" because they came with the intention of returning to the Old World.