These include our state of health or fitness, our life style, our posture, and our work habits. These factors are the focus of this document.
What are personal risk factors in ergonomics?
- Awkward postures.
- Compression or contact stress.
- Forceful exertions.
- Insufficient rest breaks.
What are the 3 types of risk factors?
- Major risk factors – Research has shown that these factors significantly increase the risk of heart and blood vessel (cardiovascular) disease.
- Modifiable risk factors – Some major risk factors can be modified, treated or controlled through medications or lifestyle change.
What are personal risk behaviors?
Several behaviors that exert a strong influence on health are reviewed in this section: tobacco use, alcohol consumption, physical activity and diet, sexual practices, and disease screening.
What are the four risk factors in your personal lifestyles?
- Unhealthy diet. The foods you eat affect your health. …
- Not enough exercise. Being physically active is good for your heart and brain. …
- Unhealthy weight. …
- Smoking (tobacco misuse) …
- Too much alcohol. …
- Birth control and hormone replacement therapy (HRT) …
- Recreational drug use. …
What are the two factors of risk?
- The size of the sale.
- The number of people who will be affected by the buying decision.
- The length of life of the product.
- The customer’s unfamiliarity with you, your company, and your product or service.
What are the six risk factors?
Reducing or curbing just six modifiable risk factors — tobacco use, harmful alcohol use, salt intake, high blood pressure and blood sugar, and obesity — to globally-agreed target levels could prevent more than 37 million premature deaths over 15 years, from the four main non-communicable diseases (NCDs): …
What are the 3 major areas of ergonomics?
According to the International Ergonomics Association, there are three broad domains of ergonomics: physical, cognitive, and organizational.
What are the 5 of the 6 risk factors associated with ergonomic injuries?
These injuries and disorders have been associated with six generic categories of ergonomic risk factors which are found in a broad spectrum of manufacturing and service jobs: 1) forceful exertions, 2) awkward work postures, 3) localized contact stresses, 4) whole-body or segmental vibration, 5) temperature extremes, …
What are the 3 ergonomics risk factors?
The three primary ergonomic risk factors that cause MSDs are awkward posture, high force, and high or long frequency. Combination of postures, forces and frequencies increase the chance of developing an MSD.
What are 5 risk behaviors?
- Tobacco. Cigarettes, cigars, dip, chew – contains the drug nicotine. …
- Alcohol. Beer, wine, wine coolers, mixed drinks. …
- Sex. Intercourse, oral sex, anal sex, outercourse – all sexual contact. …
- Drugs. Marijuana, ecstasy, acid, cocaine, rohypnol, GHB. …
- Violence. Bullying, gangs, fights, dating violence.
What are the four types of risk behavior?
The majority of adolescent death and illness are caused by risk behaviours that can be grouped into four categories: tobacco, alcohol and drug use; dietary behaviours; physical activity; and sexual behaviours [6, 7].
What are examples of risk behaviors?
- unprotected sexual activity.
- sexting and other risky uses of social media.
- tobacco smoking, alcohol use and binge-drinking.
- illegal substance use.
- dangerous driving.
- illegal activities like trespassing or vandalism.
What are the 10 factors that affect health?
- Ten Factors that. Affect. Your Health Status.
- Quality of the Environment.
- Random Events.
- Health Care.
- Behaviors You Choose.
- Quality of your Relationships.
- Decisions You Make.
What are 5 common health risk factors?
- Risk factors and disease burden.
- Tobacco smoking.
- Excessive alcohol consumption.
- Abnormal blood lipids (dyslipidaemia)
- Insufficient physical activity.
- Overweight and obesity Overweight and obesity – expandOverweight and obesity – collapse. Causes of overweight and obesity. Who is overweight?
- High blood pressure.
What are the 5 lifestyle factors?
We included 5 lifestyle-related factors: diet, smoking, physi- cal activity, alcohol consumption, and BMI.