Learn lifelong skills: You'll learn new skills at any job, but being a lifeguard gives you useful lifelong skills, such as CPR, first aid and AED training. 8. … You'll enjoy the outdoors, work out and learn life skills. Lifeguards are strong, fast and know the water.
What do you say in a lifeguard interview?
- What items do you need for your shift? …
- What are the most important characteristics for a lifeguard to have? …
- Do you have any prior experience and/or skills that could relate to this position? …
- Have you ever had to oversee others? …
- If a guest argued with you about pool rules, what would you do?
What is good about being a lifeguard?
Not only is being a lifeguard an incredibly rewarding job in itself, but it also paves the way for future employment. Communication, self-confidence, team work, leadership, responsibility. These are all job market buzz words, and they're all the skills of a good lifeguard.
What should I put on my resume for lifeguard?
- Surveillance Techniques.
- Excellent Swimming Ability.
- CPR, AED and First Aid Certified.
- Effective Communication Skills.
- Leadership Skills.
How do you answer why should I hire you?
- Show that you have skills and experience to do the job and deliver great results. …
- Highlight that you'll fit in and be a great addition to the team. …
- Describe how hiring you will make their life easier and help them achieve more.
How should I dress for a lifeguard interview?
Be sure to dress in appropriate attire for a lifeguard job interview. Even though you are applying for a job that only requires casual attire, it is smart to dress in a clean and professional manner to put your best foot forward – without the flip flops. Be organized and neat.
Is being a lifeguard worth it?
Lifeguarding can be a great summer job for a number of reasons. … You'll also gain valuable work experience and have something to put on your resume for future jobs or school applications — all while making friends, soaking up sun, and having fun.
How much do lifeguards get paid a year?
|Annual Salary Hourly Wage||Top Earners $31,000 $15||75th Percentile $27,000 $13||Average$24,067 $12||25th Percentile $20,500 $10|
Which is better swimming at a beach or at a pool?
The ocean offers a sense of freedom, not enclosed, not bounded. … It is healthier, the salt in the water is better for physical health and immune system, makes you more physically fit swimming in the ocean and the chlorine in the swimming pool is not good for skin.
What skills should a lifeguard have?
- life-saving skills.
- good physical fitness and stamina.
- an interest in swimming and the ability to swim well.
- good people skills and the ability to supervise.
- awareness of health and safety procedures.
- alertness and a sense of responsibility.
- the ability to remain calm and act appropriately in an emergency.
How do you explain lifeguard on a resume?
Responsibilities highlighted on example resumes of Lifeguards include observing and organizing the activities of swimmers, enforcing applicable pool policies and regulations, rescuing swimmers in distress, and providing emergency care.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a lifeguard?
Lifeguard Job Responsibilities:
Warns swimmers of improper activities or danger and enforces pool regulations and water safety policies. Administers first aid in the event of injury, rescues swimmers in distress or danger of drowning, and administers CPR and/or artificial respiration, if necessary.
What are your weaknesses?
- Leaving projects unfinished.
- Providing too much detail in reports.
- Shifting from one project to another (multitasking)
- Taking credit for group projects.
- Taking on too many projects at once.
- Taking on too much responsibility.
- Being too detail-oriented.
Why are you interested in this job?
Example: “I'm interested in this job because I can see that, in this role, my skills could help solve this problem within your company. I also see an opportunity for me to learn and grow these skills, so we both would benefit personally, professionally, and financially.
What are your strengths?
In general, your strengths should be skills that can be supported through experience. For example, if you list communication as a strength, you may want to recall a situation in which you used communication to reach a goal or resolve a problem.
What should a girl wear to a lifeguard interview?
“So, for a female, I recommend wearing a simple summer dress or skirt (not too short) and a blouse or good looking T-shirt. Save the flip flops for the pool after you get the job. Instead, wear a ballet flat or another sandal.