The Key Change token (KCT) is a group of 2 sets of numbers (usually 20 each) that are loaded into a prepaid meter when it is not accepting electricity tokens. Most times, new electric prepaid meters will require the KCT to change the meter configuration: Tariff Index, Supply Group Code and Key Revision Number.
What is Keychange token?
What is a Key Change Token (KCT)? It is a group of 2 sets of numbers each with 20 digits that are loaded into a prepaid meter in cases where the prepaid meter is not accepting Electricity tokens. 20 Shares. Nasir Mohammed. Why customer are charged differently while they have the same prepaid meter.
How do I activate my prepaid meter token?
- If your prepaid meter number begins with 45 or 46, type in your meter number and press enter. …
- Type the 1st 20 digits of your meter activation token, then enter.
- Type the 2nd digits of your meter activation token, then enter.
Why is my prepaid meter rejecting token?
WHY DOES MY METER REJECT TOKENS? This may result from using the wrong meter number when vending, a faulty meter or change in tariff index.
How do I use my electricity token?
Punch the 20 digit token number into the meter, followed by the enter button. Your meter will then recharge with the amount of kWh units as indicated on the slip.
How many digits does a token have?
To Purchase a token from a vendor, one requires to know his 11-digit Meter ID card or Meter serial number.in return the vendor should give you a 20-digit token printed on a receipt. One can check their meter number by dialing 100 and pressing enter on the prepaid meter.
What is tamper mode?
Why do meters go into tamper mode? This is a situation where the meter is unable to dispense power/supply/current to customer’s premises for the following reasons: – Open meter contactor/cover. – Unauthorised interference with the meter. – Sparks.
How do I know my token meter number?
To do this, simply go to your token meter box and input the code 804 (Hexing) / 100 (Conlog) / Shenzen (65) then press the enter symbol. If successful, your 11-digit account number will be displayed on the screen.
How do I get Ikeja electric activation token?
Log on to IE portal http://www.ikejaelectric.com/keychange/. Input your meter number and click the submit button. Activation token will be displayed instantly.
How do I load my prepaid meter?
- Visit quickteller.com and choose a distribution company. …
- Fill in your details. …
- Fill in your card details and make the payment. …
- Confirm the payment and top-up the recharge code. …
- Once done, you will receive a successful payment message at the top of the page.
How can I check my token balance?
- Open a new SMS message on your phone.
- Type 95551 in the Send to box.
- In the message field, input the first part of your account number. …
- After a few seconds, a reply with your account details including account balance will appear.
How do I load a token on my Edmi prepaid meter?
- Step 1 — Connect the EDMI box to the Meter outside. …
- Step 2 — Activate your EDMI box with tokens. …
- Step 3 — Top up / Buy power tokens. …
- Step 4 — Load token.
How do you load a token on a meter?
- Check your meter number by dialing 100 on the meter and it will be displayed.
- Visit the vendor and make payment for your choice.
- Give the vendor your meter number.
- Collect the 20 digit token from the vendor.
- Load the token on your meter and it is done.
What is electricity token?
This token is in practice a number or code which the end user inputs into their meter via a user interface to obtain electricity. … The vendor sells tokens to customers for a specific amount of electricity which would enable the meter when the token number is entered into the meter.
How do I insert numbers into tokens?
- Key in the digits into the meter by pressing the keypads of the respective numbers provided and press ‘Enter’
- It will take a few seconds, and if you have entered each number carefully, then it should ‘Accept’, and your units should increase instantly.
What happens when prepaid electricity runs out?
Prepaid meters automatically disconnect if the tokens run out. This can happen at any time, day or night, in an emergency, if you didn’t correctly calculate how long the beans will take to cook for supper or that your child forgot to iron his or her school clothes the day before.